Monday, August 8, 2011

last letter to the mission pres


President Bullock,

What a bitter sweet opportunity it is to write you this one last email. When you and Sister Bullock shared your feelings about receiving the call to serve in England I could only remember having the same feelings when I opened my call. Although I received a confirmation right when I opened it, I received an even stronger confirmation the first day I sat in your living room and learned about yourselves and the culture of our mission. I know with out a shadow of doubt that I was called by God to serve here in the EMM with the two of you.

I want you to know that the time that I have had to serve here with you has literally changed my life and more. This past week I have been reflecting on a few of the things I have learned from you and Sister Bullock. The lessons and principles you have taught me are innumerable and invaluable. A few of them are, the principle of Becoming, the mission vision (exact obedience, purity of heart, Preach my Gospel), gospel study, consistency, dignified language, revelation, the eternal principal of hard work, and serving with full heart, might, mind, and strength.  

Although many of these principles were taught from the pulpit the reason I have been able to understand, apply, and strive to become them is because of the great example that you and Sister Bullock have both set for me. I have waited my whole life to be here on a mission. Now that I am here I am eternally grateful that I was able to serve with both of you. I do not think you will ever be able to measure the magnitude or impact that you have had on each of us missionaries lives. However, I do know that the impact you have had on me is eternal. I look forward to the day when we will meet again.

With great love and respect,
Elder Cunningham

No comments:

Post a Comment