Monday, August 8, 2011

June 20th - 27th


Family,

Well it has been quite a week. Zone Conference was very simple but quite touching. President and Sister Bullock told us of their most special moments, favourite quotes, and shared pictures of their three years. It is really sad to see them go. I think the whole mission was in tears.

However, great things are going to happen with President Preston. We have some exciting days coming up. This Friday, we have a council meeting and it will be the first sit down with the new man in town. Everyone is just sitting on the edge of their seat waiting to see how things are going to be. I have no doubt that the Prestons will be incredible and the mission will continue to see great success.

Jason’s baptism was great. He asked if I would confirm him. That was only my second time I have confirmed someone but I think things went well. His wife and him are really great together and have an exciting future.

So this week I learned a great lesson. I am still trying to figure out exactly what the lesson is but maybe you can help me. So this Thursday my companion and I were planning and I started looking at the phone. I realised that the phone had a ton of old potential investigators/ former investigators numbers and I started to complain to my companion telling him that missionaries needed to learn how to clean up their phone and keep it up to date. Well before deleting all these numbers I gave them a call. Guess what happens?  Arash answers the phone with extreme excitement and says when can we meet? Well we set up an appointment and it turns out Arash lost contact the missionaries but has been reading the book of mormon and knows that it is true. He loved church and is now baptised for the coming month! He is currently getting his PHD here is Chester.

I hope you had a great time at LP. Looked like tons of fun. I want you to know that the things I wrote to president and sister bullock are all true. They really are some of the most amazing people I have ever met and have changed my life.  

Love,
Richard

PS. At zone conference I did see sister lovelle and she actually was at the house for my farewell party. I hear that she is a good missionary. She is actually serving in Manchester where I was two moves ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment