Sunday, October 16, 2011

August 25th-30th


Family,

This has been a fantastic week filled with the spirit and great miracles. Zone Leader Council is always one of the highlights in the transfer for me and I am really excited about the new member work ideas we have going. We spent the full day going over how we as missionaries can improve member missionary work. I am looking forward to witnessing the great success this new initiative will have on the mission. I think the reason we were able to have such an amazing council meeting is because of the delicious cookies Sister Preston made again. The Preston’s are amazing and have a great idea about what they want to accomplish with the members especially since they are the members (born and raised in the mission).

On Sunday Elder Eliason and I had some extra time to find before a tea appointment. We sat in the car and prayed for what street we should go finding on. As we prayed the word new popped into my head. We looked at the map and saw only one street in the entire town that had new in it and that was New Street. We contacted there and low and behold we were blessed to teach Sharon on the spot. She has a family of four and has currently been looking for answers to life’s greatest questions. Revelation is such a simple yet powerful gift that Heavenly Father has blessed us with. One great blessings of being on a mission is the ability to receive revelation so frequently and act upon it immediately.  

This Monday because it was a bank holiday we were blessed to go to the temple.  It was a wonderful time and we were all richly blessed. While in the temple chapel a man sat next to me, asked me where I was from, and then proceeded to tell me about his less active daughter who lives in Phoenix. After a second we come to find out that she lives in Ahwtukee. Her name is Sharon Ewing. Have you heard of her? She lives near mountain point and has twins if I remember right. He was ecstatic and told me that when I get home I am going to have to visit her and help her. At the end of the session we exchanged details and he told me that I was an answer to his prayers. I know the Lord puts us in the right place at the right time and there is nothing more rewarding then knowing he is using you to accomplish his work. Let me know if you know or can find anything about her.

Elder Eliason is amazing and we are having a great time. We are just picking right up from where we left off last time.


Love,
Richard

Dad is that a new suit? Looks great
MOM- your pictures are so good. Glad to hear you are memorable even to those who have little memory
Chareese-  Glad to hear all is well. Tell darien and erik hi from me. Thanks for the pics

Alright Dad you win the prize. My release date is February 8, 2012. I cannot believe you were able to figure that out! Good job.  However, I will be in the mission home all night and will probably want to spend the night with Elder Moss so you probably won’t get to see me until the 9th. AS well, I think if you and mom want to do some touring you should do it before you pick me up. I think I just want to show you where I have served, give you a little taste of my mission (sister unsworth is going to feed you hopefully my Chinese friends) and then get home. I was thinking of flying home on Monday…?

To be honest, I have been thinking about February and you coming to pick me up. It’s dark, cold, and rainy/snowy. It is up to you if you want to come…tell me what your thoughts are. If you wanted to do it another time that would be okay. love you

No comments:

Post a Comment