Sunday, December 26, 2010

December 13- 20th


IT'S A BOY!!!!

Family!!!

Yes it is true. I am going to be a father for Christmas! I got a phone call the other night and because we do not get cell reception in the flat I had to run outside and take the call from president (see the picture...it was a huge blizzard). Anyways, I am so excited. I do not know who it is yet but I pick him up from the MTC tomorrow. We will be in a threesome until after Christmas and it is going to be a blast!

Okay ready for another surprise? I passed my practical driving test!!!!! I am now legal here in the UK! Wow, that was stressful. Lots of missionaries fail. Supposedly it is one of the toughest in the world. However, after driving bonnie all over the isle it was no sweat.

Can you handle another surprise? Now for your Christmas present.... President has got the okay for us to Skype so you will be speaking to me face to face on Christmas!!!!!!! Hope you’re looking pretty (only teasing of course you are). I will still skype you at 3:00 but if you could make sure your account is under scunningham1@cox.net or Bobcunningham@cox.net that will be great. I will have to create an account so I will find you! I can’t wait.

On top of all these miracles there are more! First, Mike was baptized and confirmed. Just seconds before the baptism began he started to get cold feet. He was so nervous and I thought we might have to send all these people home. The scripture “the prayer of a righteous man availeth much” comes to mind. We were able to sit him down, pray, read some scriptures, ask some questions and reassure him this was right thing. After we prayed he said all right I am ready lets proceed. Everything went really great and he was so happy after. He said that it was magical experience being in the water.  

For the first time I was able to interview three of the zone leader’s investigators for baptism, all of which are Chinese. It was a very spiritual experience for me. As I interviewed them I felt the spirit strongly testify to me that each was worthy and prepared to be baptized. I cannot explain the feelings I had but my testimony was greatly strengthened. I know the work we are doing is not only real but also the Lord is heavily involved.

There is a big emphasis on the Chinese. They are amazing investigators and the goal is to find teach and baptize them so they can return home and grow the church in China. You would not believe how many have been baptized already. In our area we have a few but most of them live right next to the universities.

Last night we were doing a little tracting before visiting some less actives. We felt prompted to go down a certain street. After knocking a little we realized the neighborhood was missing the Christmas spirit. However, we continued and the lord placed us at the door of some former investigators. They welcomed us right in. The missionaries that had taught them previously may have lacked a little boldness. After telling him that the Church of England was completely false and his baptism was not recognized in the eyes of the lord he agreed to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. He said when he receives an answer he will be baptized properly! It was such a miracle. We are looking forward to continue meeting with them.

Well I Love you all and cannot wait to speak to you face to face!!!! Merry Christmas.

LOVE,
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment