Wednesday, October 13, 2010

October 4th-11th


Family,

I am assuming that something happened to the computer and the parents were not both neglecting their favourite child! I only received an email from Paige and Chareese. Thanks sisters you are both amazing.
So this week has been a really great week. Elder Ashcraft and I are still in Liverpool but we leave tomorrow night after interviews and training. So we travelled here on Wednesday and the fairy ride is 3 hours long. Bing in an adventurous family I never get motion sickness of any kind, or so I thought… The ride was seriously one of the worst boat rides I have ever had on in my live. I felt like I was on the deadliest catch or something. I am still nauseous!  I felt like I was going to die. Luckily we had some pills and so I took enough until passed out and arrived in Liverpool! I don’t know why that happened but it was bad.

So Zone Conference was really great. President Bullock gave a talk on the nag hamadi codice scrolls and the Dead Sea scrolls. It was wonderful there is so much evidence that proves the Book of Mormon true. It is ridiculous how much they have found. I don’t know if any of you have done ant studying on it but if you haven’t I highly recommend it. Sister Bullock did an amazing job as usual on becoming a 5£ missionary. She always takes these very temporal things and turns them into profoundly spiritual lessons. She is extremely talented!

Lately I have realized that my scripture markings do not make any sense and that I have made the mistake of marking TOO much! Yesterday I bought a new quad and am going to start all over! It was a big decision but I needed to happen. I got the mini scriptures but they are separated. Thank you.
Other than that we have been going on exchanges with other missionaries throughout the zone. It has been fun. We go to these areas for the day and just blitz them. I went on one with a new elder and together we were able to get 50/18 qgc. The weekly goal is 70/16.  It was a blessed day.

We spend the night at the zone leader’s house though and we have been having so much fun. They are both amazing Elder Sturt and Kearsy.  Elder kearsy is actually from England but has been living in Utah for the past 5 years. He also went to the Y. He is a good missionary and has been helping me develop my new technique for marking.

Other than that we are still scheduled to have two baptisms this Saturday. That is if we can make is back and get everything done on time! Things are looking good though and were really excited.
I love you and hope all is well!

LOVE,
RICHARD

No comments:

Post a Comment