Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Life in Bolton! 29-7


Family,

Wow , Sounds like some exciting things are going on at home! I’m happy that this was a better week!!!!! Okay so first things first, there was a Bank holiday on Monday, so the lib was closed. Second, we had interviews and trainings this week. They were great, we got to learn about presidents job as a president and how they got called etc… Very interesting he is an amazing man, I really love the time spent with him!

I GOT MY PACKAGE AND….. WOW!  I HAVE THE MOST AMAZING FAMILY-MOTHER IN THE WORLD!!!!! ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME FAT??? IT’S OKAY, THE CANDY IS SO GOOD I MIGHT JUST GET OVER THE FACT IT MAKES YOU CHUBBINS!!!  No but really, the painting is beautiful and I really love all of it, you are the best!!! J

So funny story real fast….. we were walking down town and I stopped a man and started a conversation with him. He begins to ask me where Jesus is and then proceeded to tell me that he is here in BOLTON! So I asked oh really well where? He goes on to tell me that he saw Jesus at IKON, a bar, hahahaha and that he came up to him and asked the bartender for cider! Bartender goes man I got no cider so he goes back to Jesus and says bartender has no cider Jesus and then he goes well I will have what you are having so then the man went and got Jesus a brandy and then he went on to say that Jesus grabbed his head and told him to never doubt him!!! Wow that was so funny I am still laughing a week later!!

Okay so last Pday we went on a nature walk and it was beautiful! I have lots of pictures that I am sending but now I’m not going to send the broken umbrella because I have two new ones!!! So I will send the ipod and the pics asap! Then last Monday we went to the driving range and golfed for an hour (not my thing!!!!!).

I got a hair cut. It cost me only 5lbs. The woman did not even wash my hair and well lets just say I cut my comps hair and his looks about 20x better! Haha! We were out of time though and the place I was going to go get it cut at was closed on Monday!! L Oh well, it’s actually not that bad but definitely an experience!
  
So we got to watch conference! Wow what an amazing conference. You know the mission has truly changed you when you can watch and enjoy conference without any food!!!!!!!!! HAHA But yes we actually got to watch a couple sessions live which was nice. My favorite talk was Elder Oaks in Priesthood! It really made me think about the power we have and how when our will aligns with Gods will we can do miracles! It also made me think about Geoff and how there was enough faith to keep him alive, but the Lord needed him on the other side!

The mission truly is an amazing time in my life. I have felt the spirit more strongly in my life now than I ever have before. I know this church to be the one and only true church on the earth today and that the message we have can bless every life that we share it with! I hope even though I am here full time that you are all trying your best to help others find the happiness and truth that comes from this gospel!!! I also hope that you are feeding the missionaries often and trying to help them out as much as possible. I realize now that I had been embarrassingly weak when it came to helping out the missionaries and there is so much that we can do to help them! Go fellowshipping with them sometime, its fun and you can see a little bit of the life that I have!

Paige tell Maddie to eat! She looks way too skinny.  You look beautiful though, keep the oven going. I’m excited for you and glen with this new journey back home! Tell glenny poopoo that I wish him good luck with his new job and hope all is well.

Chareese I miss you! Congrats on the good weather, hope all is well!

Rob and Alisa- Alisa if Rob try’s buying marshmallows (conference) and sticking Briggs in a room tell him to cut it out!!!! J

Dad- congrats on the business, that is really exciting. I hope everything goes as planed! I am glad to hear about the quads, that sounds exciting. I’m glad you are doing well, I miss you and love you and cant wait for the ipad… ahhahaha jp! Also, thanks for the updates. Everyone is talking about Obama care here, what’s the deal with that, I heard it passed?!

Mom- you are an amazing woman and I am glad that you have Paige, Glen and Preston to comfort you while I am gone J. That package truly was full of love and I am so grateful for yours and dad’s support and love!

Everyone that wrote me letters! YOU’RE AMAZING AND THANK YOU!! I will try to respond as fast as I can but it might take a few weeks so be patient. Also, letters can be sent to the other address the one that is in Bolton!

Tay sent me hermes cologne, tell her that I am extremely grateful for all that she does and its always good to hear from her! I hope this letter was little bit better!!

Love,
Richard your favourite son and missionary!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment