Sunday, June 13, 2010

June 1-June 7


Family,

This is one of those weeks where I wish I could just pick up the phone and tell you about the miracles and amazing things that have happened. First off Heidi, Rebekah, and Antoni were all baptised. Wow, it was an amazing service and I was really proud of the ward. The turn out was good and the talks were all very nice. (Something that Bolton usually struggles with). 
I have to tell you about Antoni. He is young, never had a father figure and quite crazy. He is really funny and I love him but I think he might have ADD or something because he never is calm and is just always hyper, running around, punching, fighting, etc. However, on his baptism day he was actually quiet and sat there while singing the opening song, he actually sang along! That might not seem like a lot to you because you haven’t met him but I have to tell you that moment was one of the most spiritual experience on my mission yet. The spirit was so strong and I was able to see how a boy who has had little parenting in his life will now grow up having the foundation of the gospel and grow up to be an upstanding member!

This week we had Zone Conference but it was at a scout camp about 2 hours south. It was incredible. We showed up had lunch, went and played sports for a few hours, came back and they had dinner for us, American Hamburgers (they were huge and delicious). Then we got into jeans and went and split into smaller groups and followed all these different paths where they had stations teaching about certain principles of missionary work where the zone leaders told stories and taught. The theme of the zone conference was 'The pathway to the promise' and passing down the culture. 
So we were following this path and were able to hear all these amazing missionaries bare testimony on certain principles eventually ending in the celestial kingdom. After that we went out into the mountains like prophets do to receive revelation. There we were given an envelop with two sticks and a work sheet. We were on our own and pondered on how far we have come, what we want to become, and what we need to sacrifice in order to get there. Then on the sticks we wrote the things we were going to “put on the alter” and then later that evening we had a testimony meeting by the fire and all placed our sticks in the fire. Then sister bullock made us all cookies! I cannot tell you how much I love president and sister bullock. The time and effort that had to have gone into making that experience happen is unimaginable, but it was well worth it. We spent the night, woke up, had breakfast and then finished up zone conference and went home. It was an amazing experience and memories I know that I will cherish forever.

Something that President has really helped me learn is that we never make it. We always need to be improving. “Becoming” is the objective. The way we reach that objective is by finding out ways we can improve and then setting goals. Being on a mission has taught me so much about who I am and who I want to become…  

I am so grateful for this time that I have to serve the Lord. There is not anything that could prepare me for life greater than this. I love my Savior, I know this to be the one and only true gospel on the earth today. I am especially greatful for the family that I have and for the example that you have all been to me getting me to where I am now!!

Love,
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment